Our website uses ‘cookies’ to help provide you with the best experience we can. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile phone when you browse websites.
Disabling cookies on your internet browser will stop GA from tracking any part of your visit to pages within this website.
Our cookies help us to:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Continuously improve our website for you
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small snippet of text that a website asks your browser to store. All cookies have expiration dates in them that determine how long they stay in your browser. Cookies can be removed in two ways: automatically, when they expire, or when you manually delete them. We’ve included more details below to help you understand what kinds of cookies we use.
Yes, with the primary purpose to make the website work more effectively.
What kinds of cookies do you use and why?
We use different kinds of cookies for various reasons:
- Session cookies – these are temporary cookies that expire (and are automatically erased) whenever you close your browser. We use session cookies to grant access to content.
- Persistent cookies – these usually have an expiration date far into the future and thus stay in your browser until they expire, or until you manually delete them. We use persistent cookies to better understand usage patterns so we can improve the site for our customers. This information is anonymised – when we look at the data, in other words, we look at patterns, but we do not see individuals’ personally identified information (PII).
What other cookies might I encounter at this website?
There are also limited third-party cookies on the site. These cookies could be session or persistent and are set by third parties like Google and Facebook. To ensure the best user experience, we restrict the use of third-party cookies to trusted partners. For example, we currently allow:
Audience measurement and validation – We use services such as Google Analytics to understand how many people come and what is popular which helps us improve the website. No personally identifiable information (PII) is stored and site usage is always looked at on an aggregate (and anonymous) level.
What kinds of cookies do you not use?
We do not use re-targeting cookies and do not use flash cookies (sometimes known as local shared objects or LSOs). We do not allow third-party advertising networks to drop cookies on our site to behaviourally target advertising to our users, either.
Do you use any so-called “intrusive” cookies?
No. We don’t use re-targeting cookies or flash cookies or any other kind of cookie that can capture personally identifiable information (PII).
How can I delete or disable cookies?
If you want to delete or disable cookies, see: www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies
Will the site work if I disable cookies?
You can browse this site with cookies disabled, though some interactions may not work.